I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay, crabbing, fishing, sailing, and building sand castles, tree houses, and secret gardens in the woods. After graduating from Southern, I attended Cook College, Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. There I got my BS Environmental Studies, competed for Rutgers Gymnastics, and met my husband, Mark.
Since then, I have worked as a naturalist, coached gymnastics, planted my vegetable garden in the shape of a labyrinth, sold organic eggs and chicken, and raised three children.
I returned to school for a MBA from Trinity DC, with an emphasis on Women in Leadership in 2008. I am the president/CEO of Williams & Heintz Map Corporation, the family printing company that was started by my great grandfather.
Professional and Civic Associations include:
- Treasurer, Society of Women Geographers (2016-Present)
- Chair, Environmental Committee, Printing and Graphics Association MidAtlantic (2010-Present)
- Board of Directors, Printing and Graphics Association MidAtlantic (2009-2013, 2015-Present)
- Board of Directors, International Map Industry Association (2010-2015)
- Chair, Board of Directors, Maryland Organic Food and Farming Association (2008-Present)
- Environmental Commission to Calvert County Commissioners (2015-Present)
- Maryland Organic Certification Advisory Committee of MDA (2005-Present)
- Battle Creek/Flag Ponds Advisory Committee to Calvert County Commissioners (1992-1995)
As a candidate for Commissioner of Calvert County, I am looking forward to earning your vote in 2018. Please let me know about the issues that are important to you.
The environment, Education, Social Justice, smart growth, transportation, and Supporting local food, agriculture, and business are some of the issues that are important to me that you can learn about on my web site.